Free Web Layouts
Real LYFE: My Prodigal Son is Home

Sunday, November 09, 2008

My Prodigal Son is Home

One of these days I am going to have ample time to write down what all I've been through over the past 18 months, however, quickly, I was lied on, ostracized, criticized, ridiculed, rejected from some of my closest friends, and even crucified publicly. But through it all I held on to God's word! I stood still so I could see His salvation!

Well, one of the relationships that was destroyed over 18 months ago began to be restored this morning while I was speaking at my church. My thought for today was, "The Things that have Happened to Me..." and I discuss the Apostle Paul's letter to the church of Phillipi when he was encouraging them while he was in prison to not lose heart and give up the fight. He admonished them to see the glory in tribulations by understanding that everything that happens in your life, takes place for the further advancing of the Gospel of Jesus Christ!

How many of us need to reflect over the past year or two and think about the circumstances of life and how we could have handled situations that were out of our control? We all could stand to read Paul's writings to remember that no matter how bad it gets, it could always be worse.

Well, one of my sons showed up while I was giving my testimony at the end of the message and he heard me say that it was good that I went through my ordeal last year. I was indicted by a grand jury and was facing over 28 years over the lies spread on me, but God is faithful and I was vindicated and through the course of this ordeal, my love never wavered for my son. I understand that there is a mantle on my life to cover the next generation and I fully understand my calling. I never stopped being who God ordained me to be.

While I was talking, when I saw him come in, I almost gagged because it had been over a year and a half since we conversed. I heard from numbers of people all the things he would say about me, and although it was painful, I continued to press on. As the prodigal's son returned to him, the joy of the father pushed him to "run" and greet him. That's how I felt today because I invited him up in front of everybody and spoke into his ear the following words, "ALL IS KNOWN AND ALL IS FORGIVEN!"

This is a powerful statement because we made amends and I told him that I never stopped loving him. I know one thing for sure, God's hand is on his life and He is blessed and highly favored and his future is bright! He is going to reach numbers of gang members for the Lord in the days to come...

My son, whom I hadn't seen in 18 months is back home with his dad!

God is faithful and will do just what He says He will do!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Free Website Counters
Free Website Counters